Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cricut Automatic Paper Cutter - Hackable?

Posted by jcabrer 
Re: Cricut Automatic Paper Cutter - Hackable?
March 20, 2014 12:05PM
I have CRICUT PERSONAL CUTTER & EXPRESSION, and they both work well with SCAL 2. I use a lot of files from the internet as well as cartridges. PM me, I may be able to help answer your questions.
March 24, 2014 07:07AM
Hi I have the personal circuit and use it with scal but scal does not work with the Expression 2 - do you know of a way to get the Expression 2to work with scal
May 04, 2014 11:22PM
Hey have you had any luck with getting expression 2 to work with the .svg files? Can you please fill me in?

*** Edit: removed email

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2014 09:12AM by VDX.
May 07, 2014 09:58AM
How do I PM u?
June 16, 2014 11:55PM
Did anyone have any luck with getting the expression 2 to work with svg files? Please help me out here.
July 24, 2014 03:25PM
Can anyone PM the fix for Expression 2 to work with SCAL??? I will be forever grateful!

Thanks!
Carrie
September 14, 2014 05:28PM
Hi I am so annoyed I've just picked up an expressions 2 to only to find out I can't cut my svg files with it. Is there a way I can make this work anybody with any ideas I would be very grateful , I wish I had read a few more up to date forums before I purchased this paper weight.
October 22, 2014 05:44AM
Hello:
I hope someone can help me. I read that someone got to have run a Cricut Expression 2 with MTC (or Sure cuts a lot).
I just fall into the trap: one week ago: I bought the Cricut Expression 2, to discover right after that in this model apparently can not get it to work with Make The Cut, or Scal2 due to firmware ...
I have a mac and OSX10.9 Mavericks,and have too the Parallels within Windows XP.
I wish to get some way to reach to cut any svg.

This will result a toy too expensive to be so useless without spending large amounts of money
November 21, 2014 11:24PM
I used SCAL2 with my cricut expression, had it before the lawsuit, but I did not keep the older version. Well we moved across the country, my comp crashed (got a new one) and now I cant get it anywhere. I neeeeeeed a patch or crack for SCAL 2.044. I would just trash provocraft and go with the silhouette if i hadn't invested so much money into the cricut as it is. We are a one-income family and crafting is how i keep my sanity and pass creativity on to my children. PLEASE someone help me out. I am so devastated that i lost access to almost all of my files, many of them original designs. I only saved for months and bought the cricut because of what i knew i could do with SCAL2. I'm almost gonna give up and just sell it all...
December 08, 2014 10:45PM
please help me I have the machine but not the scal 2 for mac.... im tarpped HELP
January 07, 2015 02:43AM
Could someone please help me with the expression 2?

Pm please?
February 04, 2015 12:53AM
I too purchased an Expression 2 Cricut Cutter and wanted to cut our logo only. I have purchased the SCAL2 as well as Inkscape only to find out that these only work on the original Expression. Please PM me regarding fixing this problem.
February 04, 2015 12:54AM
Did you have any luck privately?
April 04, 2015 02:00PM
Sorry to drag up an old topic, but I've aquired a Cricut Mini and have been poking round the .CCR file format as ideally I'd like to cut my own .SVG's and its some form of meta data format... Ideally I'd like to just use MTC or SCAL2, and any details on how to make either work with my Mini would be much appreciated, but has anyone had a think about how to convert the metaset of SVG over to the metaset of CCR?!

Any help in PM would be much appreciated... Very frustrated cutter!
June 05, 2015 11:30PM
I've been reading this forum but it didn't seem to have any suggestions on how to fix this. I'm desperate. I'm holding up construct on my house so I can decorate some cabinets before they are installed. Been trying for three weeks. Pls help!
June 16, 2015 12:02AM
What are you trying to do and what kind of machine do you have? I have written firmware for the Expression which works with inkscape but loading it onto the machine is a one way process and no longer works with Provo software.
June 30, 2015 11:43PM
The solution is to get a Cricut Explore which allows you to cut SVG files....
They work well and I like mine.
August 11, 2015 04:41PM
Were you ever able to get help on getting your expression 2 to work with SCAL software? I'm not sure what version of SCAL I have because the DVD does not list a version number and I have not loaded it onto this new computer yet to be able to check the version number but it was purchased in 2010 and I have a cricut personal cutter that it works on. My husband bought me the Expression 2 because I wanted the ability to cut 12"x12" but we did not know about the issues with SCAL when he bought it so it is now just sitting here not being used.
Thanks,
Debbie
August 11, 2015 04:44PM
Was anyone ever able to get help on getting your expression 2 to work with SCAL software? I'm not sure what version of SCAL I have because the DVD does not list a version number and I have not loaded it onto this new computer yet to be able to check the version number but it was purchased in 2010 and I have a cricut personal cutter that it works on. My husband bought me the Expression 2 because I wanted the ability to cut 12"x12" but we did not know about the issues with SCAL when he bought it so it is now just sitting here not being used.

Thanks
August 13, 2015 02:38AM
Tech_Mom
If you follow the directions your CRICUT EXPRESSION (and Expression2) WILL WORK with MTC and other softwares... and you CAN find the OLDER VERSIONS of MTC online.
It is NOT as hopeless as it originally felt when all of this happened... SIX (?) YEARS AGO.
I will NEVER buy a product from Provocraft (PROVOCRAP) .... My DH Bought Mine as a gift... HE was so hurt when he realized I had to find a work around!!!
I am a GEEK and computer tech, so I DID!
MY BEST ADVICE... RESEARCH BEFORE YOU UPGRADE ANYTHING!!!!!

I have used MTC (Make The Cut), SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot), Inkscape, and Design Studio.... DESIGN STUDIO IS THE WORST!!

There was a file years ago that somone uploaded with 100s of Cricut cartridges saved as SVG FILES.... if you can find that you'll be in heaven.
If anyone knows of the link PLEASE post for the people still struggling with this issue.

Take Care

Hi Tech Mom,

Are you able to give me all the info I need to make my Cricut Exp 2 work with either my SCAL 2 or MTC (which I don't have)? I only have SCAL and would prefer to use that but I simply cannot find any info on how to change the firmware on my exp 2 or driver in the software or whatever you need to do to make it work - I'm ready to pull my hair out!
October 24, 2015 05:48PM
I was wondering how to get the Expression 2 Anniversary Edition to work with SCAL 2. I can only use it with my person version 1.31
Thanks
December 03, 2015 05:04AM
Ugghh!! I wish I would ghave found this before I bought not 1 but 2 cricut machines

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2015 05:05AM by kohly.
December 06, 2015 09:43AM
I would like to know too, how to use SCAL with the Expression 2. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
April 13, 2016 02:39PM
Is there a pluggin for cricut to use on MTC
October 03, 2019 03:27PM
@jj sorry for being off topic wanted to ask if you are happy with your cricut machine? Have you experienced difficulties?

I'm looking for a decent desktop cutting machine and so far all i got was confusion. I don't know which one to pick.
And to make things worse all the hype reviews are not helping either.

I was looking at cricut but on a forum I've read that they have horrible customer support. Is that true?
On the other hand I've found a blog that seems to tell the truth. In a way it's a bit harsh.

Here's a perfect example the cricut maker vs cameo 3 comparison. This post has put me on the fence.
Maybe cameo or I should keep looking at brother. Any advice would be helpful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2019 03:29PM by DaviesD.
April 14, 2021 08:46AM
DaviesD
@jj sorry for being off topic wanted to ask if you are happy with your cricut machine? Have you experienced difficulties?

I'm looking for a decent desktop cutting machine and so far all i got was confusion. I don't know which one to pick.
And to make things worse all the hype reviews are not helping either.

I was looking at cricut but on a forum I've read that they have horrible customer support. Is that true?
On the other hand I've found a blog that seems to tell the truth. In a way it's a bit harsh.

Here's a perfect example die cutting machine comparison. This post has put me on the fence.
Maybe cameo or I should keep looking at brother. Any advice would be helpful.

My Silhouette Cameo is one of my favorite tools. It'll set you back around $200. Cuts beautifully. I've made and sold a lot of things that have more than paid for my rig. Cartridges were needed for older Cricut machines, which were costly. To save money, I decided to go for the Cameo. The majority of my photos are created or traced, and you can use any font on your computer with it. I know that the newer Cricuts can be used without cartridges, however they need you to be connected to the internet; however, the Cameo's program is installed on your device, so you don't need to be connected to the internet to use it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login